Sunday, December 21, 2008

Hand made hard cover journal.








Hand made book

I have always love handmade books and journals and have purchased many for my own personal use, some just for their beautiful workmanship.

A few years ago I tried my hand at making some for myself, and that is where it stopped. I could use them for my personal use but never would I give these poor little books to family or friends as gifts.

Well still wanting to create something useful and artistic I purchased a book called Cover to Cover by Shereen LaPlantz. Following her instructions on the basic codex I made my real first hard cover mini journal. I am so excited about the results, it turned out very nice.

I confess I used some scrap papers of poor quality and the covers of the book as well as the end papers are of scrapbook papers, but I did use a good professional glue and chipboard.



Photo #1 Block of signatures total of 86 pages.

Photo #2 Outside of book done with scrapbook paper.

Photo #3 Hardcover chip board, showing of the inside.

Photo #4 Signatures placed inside of the finished book.

Photo #5 Detail of the spine.

Photo #6 The finished hard bound journal.


The final measurement of the small journal is (43/4" x 53/4"). All in all I in joyed the whole process of making this this little book, it has encouraged me to try my hand at some more later on after the holidays. Who knows maybe I'll give some as gifts!



2 comments:

  1. This is something I've always wanted to do as well! You've inspired me to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks perfect - so professional looking. Great job!

    ReplyDelete