Saturday, January 3, 2009

Friendly Plastic!!!!!


Friendly Plastic

I had to go to Hobby Lobby the other day to pick up some much needed supplies, and low and behold hanging on the wall was rows of shining strips of Friendly Plastic.
It has been over 20 years since I worked with these beautiful glistening strips of plastic.
So I bought 5 strips to work with and new book by Design Originals, just cause I forgot how to work with it and to get new techniques.
Did you know you could stamp on the soft plastic or use embossing ink for some cool effects? For those of you who have never used it you must try this old/new craft it is so much fun!!! I can’t wait to get my hands back on these fascinating strips. I paid $1.99 each but a little goes along way and most every thing else you need, can be found around the house.
If you have worked with this product let me know how you like it!

3 comments:

  1. Friendly Plastic is fun to use and easy to get the hang of. You should check out the AMACO website too because they have some good how-to sheets for their products, including some cool ones for Friendly Plastic. http://www.amaco.com/projectcat-friendly-plastic-6.html

    There's also a yahoo group you can join and share hints and tips.

    Have fun melting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am so glad that Fiendly Plastic is having a revival in the US. Here in the UK it has been having a resurgence too.
    I love FP and have been using it for about 19 years now. My website and blog are dedicated to it, so if you want to see more than just stamping onto FP, take a peek @ www.rarebird.ltd.uk or my blog http://rarelizzie.wordpress.com/
    Looking forward to posts containing your creations.
    There is also a Yahoo list for FP addicts - find the link on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, lucky you. I have read about this marvelous stuff, seen tutorials etc but never managed to get my hands on some. It's probably because I am downunder and some things are hard to find here. Have fun with it, and let me know how your creations go :)

    ReplyDelete